layout

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Mom's Overture

"My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother." Proverbs 1:8 KJV

My paraphrase thinking about how my husband would say this to my sons;
Listen to me, son, you better do as your mom told you and don't you forget it. She loves you know and is just trying to help you.

"For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother." Proverbs 4:4


Think about the things that we are always telling our children. Is it just a bunch of orders? Or does a relationship with us and with their heavenly Father ever enter into our daily walk and talk with our children. I know that during the day to day grind we may overlook the things that should be of upmost important. What will your children remember about the things you have taught them? If your children are still small, make this time count. For it passes by so quickly.

Enjoy the following video. I know there were days that I felt like this video. I pray that it is not all my children remember. I pray that they remember that I tried to point them to Jesus and introduce them to Him.




1 comment:

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.