layout

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope verse


This week on Marsha's page the focus word is hope. She brought out that the word hope in the Bible means something different than what we usually think of. We usually think of hope meaning that we wish for something to take place. However, in the Bible it is not a wish but a certainty of knowing that it will take place.



I started with my favorite hope verse. Titus 2:13 "Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.



Isn't it wonderful that we can know for certain that our Savior will be returning for us. It is the blessed hope. Christ is our hope. 1 Timothy 1:1 "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope."

Hebrews 6:19 & 20"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast and which enters the Presence behind the veil. Where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become the High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."

Our Hope is our anchor, He has entered behind the veil and become our intercessor. Through Him we can enter the Presence of God.



Paul also speaks to having hope in Christ. Another favorite verse is 1 Cor. 15:19 " If in this life we only have hope in Christ, we are all of men most pitiable." If don't have the hope of Christ in Christ then we have no hope. Paul is saying that if we think that all we have is what is here on earth, that if Jesus didn't rise from the dead, we are just playing games and fooling our selves. But Paul has used the word hope with the meaning of knowing for a certainty.



What a comfort to know that Christ is certain, that He is coming again for certain. There are many other verses that deal with hope . I encourage to do a study of your own of some verses that deal with



Always looking for the blessed hope.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda! Thank you SO MUCH for bringing Hebrews 6:19,20 into the forefront for me to read! I needed this tonight. I needed the analogy of hope being an anchor. I'm trying to bring words of comfort to my folks right now because they are struggling in this dark hour. I'm going to share this with them in the morning.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha,
    I am so glad that God used this blog to minister to you in your time of need. That has been my prayer for this blog to minister to others. I appreciate the ministry of your blog very much. Thanks for giving me a different focus word each week.
    Praying for you & your family.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.