layout

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Lord Our Righteousness






"Behold the days are coming says the Lord, That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; a King shall reign and prosper, and execute judgement and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." Jeremiah 23:5&6

I am glad that Jesus is my righteousness. Because I know that I have no righteousness. That all of my righteousness is as filthy rags. I have been in a funk about this coming Easter Sunday. Don't get me wrong I love celebrating the Resurrection of our precious Lord and Savior. I know if it wasn't for the Resurrection we would have no hope.


But my husband and I have still not found a church home. We have visited a few places but have not made a decision about a place to serve. We had been visiting one place for awhile but felt like this was not the place. Last Sunday I was not well so we didn't attend anywhere. The Sunday before I went by myself. Yesterday my oldest asked where would be attending for Easter. I told him I wasn't sure. He and his wife usually attend with us for special occasions. They are not in church.

I hate the fact that I could not give him a specific place to meet us for worship. I would love to find a church home and hopefully my sons and their families would follow suit. It has been 8 months and it is very discouraging. The above passage was what the Lord led me to starting with the begining of the chapter. He gave a warning to shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of His pasture. This is what happened in our previous church. We had one beloved pastor who resigned because of pressure that he felt from certain members of the church.
Then we had a pastor come in who wound up scattering the sheep. The previous pastor came back to try and minister to a few remant of sheep battle weary and fatigued. However the church still wound up folding due circumstances that only God knows all the details. There are still some of us who are still hurting and feel so lost. No we know we have Savior. We just feel like we have lost true Christian fellowship and support. Pray for us that we find the place where God wants us to be and serve him. I feel like I have been wandering in the desert for a very long time. I do know that in the desert places is where you learn the most from our dear Lord.

Blessings to you on this Blessed Weekend.

P.S. We are under Tornado Watch as I type this.

4 comments:

  1. Dear sweet Linda,

    I don't know all the details, but know a little. I can tell there is hurting there, for you and Sarah.

    Praying you find peace and a church home soon...

    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that previous pastor and family are our dearest friends in the world and they hurt for you and with you sweet sister. God does have a place for you...praying you find it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie, I am asking God to lead you to a new church home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you as you seek out a new church. It's really hard...hubby and I have been there.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.