layout

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Calvary's Love


I was sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office this past week waiting on a friend. I happened upon this article by Jan Silvious in the February issue of Woman's Way.

She posted some excerpts out of a book by Amy Carmichael. The name of the book was "If". Jan went on to talk about the conviction that these few phrases had placed on her. I must agree with her they are powerful statements. I thought I would share them with you.


Calvary Love

If I can enjoy a joke at the expense of another, if I can in any way slight another in conversation, or even in thought, then I know nothing of Calvary Love.

If I take offense easily, if I am content to continue in cool unfriendliness, though friendship be possible, then I know nothing of Calvary Love.

If I do not give a friend "the benefit of the doubt" but put the worst construction instead of the best on what is said or done, then I know nothing of Calvary Love.

If I wonder why something trying is allowed and press for prayer that it may be removed; if I cannot go on in peace under any mystery, then I know nothing of Calvary Love.

excerpts from "IF" by
Amy Carmichael

Amy Carmichael was a missionary to India. She died there in 1951. I believe she had been bedridden for several years before she died. But she died in the country she had served and loved spreading Calvary's Love. Do we spread Calvary's Love to those around us? We don't have to go to a foreign mission field to show others the love of Christ.
Your mission field is wherever God has placed you. It doesn't matter the country, the state, or the town. Your mission field may be your job, your neighbors, your family, even the sweet babies you are nurturing. Wherever we are, it is a mission field! Even if you are on the job and not allowed to speak the name of Christ. It doesn't stop you from showing the Love of Christ. Spread the LOVE my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.