layout

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Fall

I hope everyone is having a wonderful autumn season. Things have been hectic here. My father has had a fall off a ladder. Has been in the hospital twice because of the fall. This last time he had multiple blood clots resulting from the fall three weeks before. He has been in the hospital 9 days. Thank the Lord he is coming home today. God has been gracious!
My husband and oldest son have had  a very bad viral sinus infection but are on the road to recovery.  I have been enjoying keeping my 10 week old granddaughter, Hannah. I also have a frozen left shoulder. So I am going to physical therapy to regain my range of motion. 
However, I do love the glorious autumn season, beautiful fall leaves, and cool, crisp days.  Here is an email sent to me today. Hope you enjoy.

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.   God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.   He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc.     Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see.   This was passed on to me from another pumpkin.   Now, it is your turn to pass it to a pumpkin.   I liked this enough to send it to all the pumpkins in my patch.   Happy Fall!


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Hope you and your family are all healed and feeling better soon! I would love to see you and Hannah; maybe I can stop by one day soon.

    Did you take that photo? It looks like that store/nursery in Tracy City!

    Hugs,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Email, brought a smile to my face on a day when I really needed it, thank you for sharing.

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.