layout

Monday, August 3, 2009

Update on My Mother



Mother is doing so much better today. She has had a very rough week and a half. Saturday, she was very weak and did not seem anywhere near herself. Sunday, when my husband and I went to see her, she was asleep. She had quite a bit of company before we got there. Reports were that she was still very weak.

On Wednesday morning of last week, Dad called from the hospital to tell me that he was in ER. Turn out that he was just exhausted and stressed out. The hospital has had a sitter sitting with Mom since none of us are able to stay 24/7. My brothers work, my sisters-in-laws have health issues also. With my MS, I can't stay very long before I am worn out. I was in the bed most of Friday.

This morning I received a call from the hospital. My youngest brother was on the phone. He told me that he had someone who wanted to talk to me. I knew then that it would be Mother. When she was put on the phone she said "Hey, Girl". That was wonderful to hear. Her voice sounded clear and strong. When I took Dad to see her later she looks really good. She will be going to rehab tomorrow, Lord willing. Please continue to pray for her and our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.