layout

Monday, October 26, 2009

Longing for Home.


After saying good bye here on earth to my sister in love, I have longed even more for home. For years I have quoted the old song "Heaven's Sounding Sweeter All the Time." The older we get and the more family and friends that we keep going home the more we long to be there also. Not counting the fact that Our Blessed Savior is there waiting for us too.

For the past eighteen months or more, we have several of our family and friends go home to heaven. I have had a couple of aunts, my best friend's son, my sis in love's father, my grandmother, some friends and acquaintances, and now my dear sis in love. This happened so quickly no one had time to adjust to the fact that she had cancer much less that she was dying. However, I believe that God was merciful in that. She did not have to suffer with a long battle with dealing with this horrible disease. God did heal her by taking her home.

Her funeral was amazing. My brother and Dad did the funeral. Her brother and Dad did the graveside. My Dad was her pastor for the last 25 years. However my brother is the one who gave the message, he preached on the everlasting arms of God from Deuteronomy 33:26-27. The songs that were sung were not sad. "Until Then" was sang and some of the congregation joined in on the chorus. At the grave side everyone sang "What A Day That Will Be." I think she would have been pleased and I believe that God was.

We were all worn out especially my brother and his children. Please continue to pray for them as they try to adjust to life without a wife and a mother in their home. I know that it has affected me more than I thought it would so I can not imagine what they are going through.

One blessed day we will all be at home together. The circle will not be broken, the family will all be together for the first time ever. And we will worship at the feet of our Savior. We have a sibling that we have never seen over there. There are grandchildren that never took their first breath or if they did it wasn't for long. And can you imagine the extended family of God from Adam & Eve on down to very the last brother or sister to become His child. What A Glorious Day That Will Be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.