layout

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who Am I

I have signed up on Beth Moore's site, Living Proof and committed to memorizing 24 verses of scripture for the coming year. We commit to memorizing a verse on the 1st and the 15th of each month.  Each person decides for their self what  scripture they feel God is leading them to memorize.  Then each person logs in with their scripture for the appointed time.

The scripture that I have committed to memorize for January 1, 2011 is 2 Samuel 7:18.


 "And King David went in and sat before the Lord and he said, Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house that You should bring me this far."  2 Samuel 7:18

I have just finished a Deeper Still Bible Study and this is one of the verses that has really spoken to me. I have just sat and parked awhile with this verse, meditate on it, or chewed the cud as some old timers used to say. The New Year is really the time to stop and reflect on what God has done for us and our families. For us to realize that is because of nothing that we have done but because He loves us. All of the time it is for God 's glory and for His sake.
In Isaiah 37:35 God says:   
35 For I will defend this city to save it for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake. 
Isaiah 45:11  
For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it; For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another.
Just some thoughts for you to reflect upon.
Blessings my dear friends
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. God bless you. My hubby also has leukemia (CLL) and we know the sufficiency of God's amazing grace. May He continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so welcome. Just make sure your comments are ones that you wouldn't mind that Mother read. I do promise not to invite her to read them though.